Thursday 7 July 2011

I Don't Wanna Quit ( Cause of problem found?)

Last week made me feel really disheartened and dejected. People have written how they have taken time off training and come back feeling like Superman. On the otherhand I might as well be Mr.Muscle ( the old one not the new one :) )  If I remember correctly I was on the verge of collapsing again during my commutes last week, ok not that bad but not far off.

The alarm woke me up Monday morning to another dispiriting day.  The last of the sun for the week was upon us and usually I'd be looking forward to it and encouraging myself. Taking the TT bike out to work was a touch of genius, I am at one with this bike. Never lets me down. Only for good weather though, so I set off 3.5hrs early to get a few miles in. The position was changed from Landis position back to my comfortable position with hands scraping the front wheel. Just a nice easy pootle to get me used to her again, nothing too strenuous.  That's how it started anyway until the first 5mins had elapsed. Actually it felt like I was taking it easy but the heart rate says Im lying. I was going quite fast up the hills, able to stand for long periods and on the flat no pain, no tingles  just power. High cadence was low priority and don't think it suits my style.  Garmin says I only did 41.5miles but I barely stopped. I restarted her up when I realised it had stopped on me and I lost about 7 downhill miles. The first mile was missed out due to 'acquiring' too. Great ride out but must be a blip, fluke or some super tail wind right? The commute home was very very quick however my Garmin just wouldn't lock satellites  for half the journey, so I didn't bother in the end, wish Id waited until it got the signal. My legs were as good as the morning.

Tuesday mornings commute I took a bit easy but a slightly hillier route back on Jamis now. Still don't have the fatigued feeling and am able to push the pedals with some force. Going home that night was the same great feeling I've had all week. Being able to push on the pedals on demand, not been able to do that for 2 months! Never mind 2 days in a row.

Would Wednesday be my downfall. No, but my speed was very much affected by wind today especially the commute home as there was a constant 20mph cross/head wind. When I was heading South I felt I had more of a tail wind even though it should have been a full on head. Weather has deteriorated but I have a smile on my face but how long will it last? What was/is my elixir? I'll let you know after I have experimented for the next few weeks just in case its not what I think it is.

Monday 4th July

To Work      Distance 50miles ( garmin says 41.5)     Av Sp     20.1mph
To Home     Distance 20miles ( garmin says 0)          Av Sp    >20.0mph

Tuesday 5th July

To Work     Distance 20miles     Av Sp 18.9mph
To Home     Distance 20 miles     Av Sp 20.6mph

Wednesday 6th July

To Work     Distance 20miles     Av Sp 19.5mph
To Home     Distance 20miles     Av Sp 19.7mph

No comments:

Post a Comment