Thursday 21 April 2011

Needed Rest

This time last year the weather painted a similar story. We had many a BBQ in the early spring months then BAM! Hopefully the pattern will change this year and we'll continue to have the glorious weather but Im not holding my breath. The past couple of weeks  my cycling has been super enjoyable but there comes a time when , after going hard for so long, the body needs to recover and get ready for the next bout. For me this is one of those times. Close to 2 weeks of solid commutes, the odd  leisure/training ride and 2 timetrials hasn't quite finished me off but I want to be on good form for Sunday's Pendle Witches Ride when it is due to rain :( Just looking at the forcast I was going to take a few days off but I think one will be enough to get the last sunshine of the year in. My stomach needs a rest too. I can eat normally instead of gorging for a couple of days to keep energy levels up.

Wednesdays commute was fast both ways even though I've felt really exhausted, well the muscles took  a while to respond. It was cold in the morning :( .Pedalling whilst seated yielded minute amounts of power so standing up was the way to go. My legs must be used to this as I was sprinting here there and everywhere on the way home and wasn't getting tired one little bit but as soon as I sat down....nothing from the legs. I reckon I could have had the fastest Average speed that I have ever done on the way home 22-23mph - uphill but its amazing how stops ( lots coming out of Manchester) and slowing due to traffic can impact on this. For this reason I will struggle to get over a 21mph average. I tried to stop Garmin on extended periods of slowness but always forgot to restart so didn't bother again. Thats why sometimes it registers that Ive done uner 20 miles and theres a funny altitude spike. I must have been 2-3mph quicker in most places on my ride too!

I commuted on Scottie today, good job I can leave my bike inside :) Absolutely perfect set up.

To Work     Distance 20 miles     Av Sp 20.5mph

To Home     Distance 20 miles     Av Sp 20.8mph

No comments:

Post a Comment