Saturday 19 June 2010

Triathlon 2 preparation

Tomorrow sees the start of my 2nd triathlon this year the 'Cowm Clash' It is based at Cowm reservoir in Whitworth just outside of Rochdale. It is an Olympic distance event or close enough to with an 1.6km open water swim, 42km bike and a 9.5km run. I will only be doing the swim and cycle and I have a runner to do the nasty bit for me but I could very well run the course to see how I get on.

I had the Ashton Crit on Tuesday and suffered no adverse effects, I actually felt better afterwards. Wednesday I rested but on Thursday I went to the velodrome for 2hrs organised by Dan_Bo from the cycle chat forums. I used my new Planet x track bike for the 3rd time I think it was and it felt much better than last time. Probably due to the fact my legs can cope better with the relatively bigger gearing and I can spin the pedals faster. We did a few laps warmup, 500m pursuit, a few skills, team time trials and 2 x 250m standing starts. Not too sure on my times but I left with my legs knowing that they had a good work out. On Friday I just cycled into work, averaged 21.3mph, not good as the air was still and I didn't stop once! must be the tri bars I took off. 18.5mph on the way back, windy. Sat I rested.

Not much this week so I should go fairly well 2moz. I can't predict what times I might get but Im hoping to fly on the bike?

No comments:

Post a Comment