Saturday 25 July 2009

Just a drop in the ocean

Rest week is over I'm afraid, back to the hard stuff. Took 'Vanquish' on a trip to Whitworth where I usually meet Rochdale Tri CLub at Cown reservoir to watch them do a bit of open water swimming. I don't have a wet suit so don't take part just like to see what all the fuss is about.

Just an easy pace to Cowm res, I overtook two rochdale tri club members on the way. Arrived just after 9am after setting off from middelton about 8.15am. One of the guys got out around 9.20 and asked if I wanted to borrow his suit and get in the water! A lot of ummming and ahhhhing later I agreed.

The water was cold but fresh and felt great. Just swam half the lake to join the others and swam back again as the others were getting out. I was in for about 1/2hr and enjoyed every second of it. A brew and cheese buttie later a few of us set off for home. Nothing too strenuous or long. Through R/dale milnrow,new hey, shaw, royton, chadderton and to middleton. Vanquish felt very sluggish up the hills or was it my legs after such a long lay off. Was going to take her to the club ride 2moz to Marsden but I think Jamis has won this fight.

cycling ~30 miles @16.5mph

No comments:

Post a Comment