Thursday 26 May 2011

Sneaking Out

Rest Week has been broken up by a Wednesday commmute to and from work. Dry dry dry so took TT bike out for a spin. The first 2 miles being wind assisted but many many stops negated the advantage. Saddle much too high all the way to work as I didn't want to stop and waste time but my legs kept getting annoying tingles and aches. All in the name of being more aero. Still didn't feel all that great though. Maybe I shouldn't have bothered.  Way too many stops this time as normal ruins a good run out as I didn't feel up to sprinting 20 times in one commute.
So saddle lowered, pointy upwards so that I sit back in the seat with arms spread outwards so more aero? A little unconventional but comfy and no tingles. As I was getting changed it started raining hard! and it was still blowing a gale, none of which were supposed to happen. Not happy. Set off not in the best of moods but seemed to fly with little effort. Changed direction, still flying, and again, still flying. Against the wind? Flying. I heard thunderstorms were best conditions for TT, maybe its true or my legs suddenly came back to life after a long layoff. Only problem this time is that the bars were so close to the front wheel that I couldn't grip the tri bars, just rest on top or my knuckles would get rapped/ fingers get chopped off in the spokes. Good ride.

To Work     Distance 20 miles     Av Sp 20.6mph

To Home     Distance 20miles     Av Sp 21.5mph

No comments:

Post a Comment