Saturday 21 May 2011

Burnout?

Thursday 19th May - Swimming with Tri club. 2.5km in 1hr 10x50m, 10x100m, 10 x 100m with a warmup  and warm down. Thought I was fully swim fit going to three sessions within 2 weeks or five in 5 months. Went really hard until the last 100m of the first set of 10 when I got cramp and had to take the rest easy.


Fri 20th May - Been feeling crap all week, well not crap but energyless. Dont think I'm ill. Barely got any power in the legs so had to speed up the legs and what a speed! Average cadence to work 106!! AV speed was good to0 but it missed out a mile of downhill as I pressed the wrong button so would have been better. Totally breathless for the whole journey. Another roadie joined me at the bottom of Victoria Av, I was infront for the climb and span my way up. He held on about a quarter of the way and when I turned around about a mile down the road he was nowhere to be seen except when I waited for ages at the next set of lights. After the lights he held on the flat and looked like he was gonna have a heart attack at the next set. He said that I was putting a lot of effort in and what was I training for. Hmmm Do I have a major goal this year? Beat my first ever 10mile TT time?  Do a triathlon? It's a bit mished mashed training. That gave me a bit of extra motivation to push myself even though I was hurting.
Going home. Av Cadence 108! Nice Av spd again. Can't keep this up any longer. Its as if Ive just done 150miles and then I need to do a 20mile TT.

To Work     Distance 20miles     Av Sp 20.8mph     Av Cadence 106

To Home     Distance 20miles     Av Sp 19.5mph     Av Cadence 108


Sat 21st May - The forecast for today changed so much. One minute its gonna rain all day next minute its gonna stay dry. I waited 'til I got out of bed and re checked the forecast which was going to be dry so I got out TT bike. I adjusted the position from a near perfect ride last time. Big mistake. Very awkward and the fact that my muscles were tight didn't help even though I've been doing loads of stretching. My legs couldn't peddle for more than 30secs then I needed a rest, over and over again. Nothing to do with positioning. Just glad there wasn't too much stopping today. Didn't think I'd make it to work. Cadence was about 60. Nothing in the tank at all.

Couldn't face doing 20miles home so cut it well short. Before I set off I sorted my positioning out again but this time much more comfortable. Again though, after every burst of peddling, I needed to rest. The wind was super gusty, all over the place however the bike was sooo much easier to control than previous days when the wind didn't feel as bad.  That's it. I've had enough. Can't carry on like this. Lots of rest coming up. Told my missus to chop my balls off if I go anywhere near my bikes for the next week. The thing is I planned to up the riding hours for the next 2 weeks before I go on holiday. 'Over the Edge' sportive/charity ride was on Sunday which I will be spending in bed then doing some gardening. Grrrrrr.

To Work     Distance 21miles     Av Sp 19.1mph

TO Home    Distance 12miles     Av Sp 19.9mph



No comments:

Post a Comment