Wednesday 1 June 2011

CHickened out?

I'll just get straight to the point. Rossendale Triathlon is on this weekend and entries closed last week. The past 2-3 weeks my mood has been terrible and combined with the weather my bike milage is less than half of what it should be. Swimming has progressed gradually doing the same number of open water swims as indoor which is a bit pathetic. Running is truely non existant. The course is only a sprint distance (400m Swim, 10miles bike, 5k run) and part of my excuse is that the bike and swim are too short for me now to feel like it would be worthwhile doing. Event not entered. I might do one later on in the year though.

Instead I have entered the Spud Riley 100mile Memorial ride as the closing date was this week and I manged to get a quick peek at the weather forecast for Sunday which is warm and a bit sunny.

Saturday I swam at the reservoir, first lap wasn't too bad then near the end of that lap the wind picked up dramatically and so did the waves. Still did 2 laps  but got pounded to oblivion.

First commute for close to 2weeks on Wednesday 1st June. Didn't feel too windy although 13mph is being shown but the air was just like a December mornings.

To Work     Distance 21 miles     Av Sp 19.1mph

To Home     Distance 20miles     Av Sp 19.7mph


Need to remember to take it easy so I have the legs for Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment