Thursday 20 October 2011

Keeping the weight off

I'm sure I have a bigger appetite now that when I was close to 18 stone. Those give'in moments that I seem to have constantly are a big reason why I try to commute as much as possible and push myself at the same time. Getting to work this week has been a test of my dedication to keeping the weight off and staying as slim as possible over winter as most of my summer riding was done 10kgs over what I would call my 'race weight' even though I don't really race. 4am starts combined with super cold temperatures and gusty winds with the occasional down pour and hail storm have come together to concoct  my worst nightmare. Monday I just couldn't bring myself to get out of bed never mind cycle to work. Tuesday and wednesday morning were similar yet I felt terrible. I have narrowed it down to eating bread in copious amounts (gluten-I have been avoiding it for a couple of months and seem to be benefitting), the cold or actually getting out of the saddle, hammering it ( on Tuesday) which might do more damage than good.

Tuesday 18th Oct

To Work     Distance 20miles     Av Sp 19.8mph     Hr 142     Cad 70
To Home     Distance 20miles     Av Sp 19.8mph     Hr 158     Cad 71

Wednesday 19th Oct

To Work     Distance 15miles     Av Sp 20.4mph     Hr 138     Cad 69
To Home     Distance 20miles     Av Sp 20.8mph     Hr 148     Cad 76

Thursday 20th Oct

To Work     Distance 15 miles     Av Sp 19.7mph     Hr 138     Cad 72
To Home     Distance 20miles     Av Sp 21.4mph     Hr 159     Cad 78

Thurs morn was 1 degree and my legs were jelly like and couldn't get going until the last 5miles. The cycle home I gave it some welly for which I nearly puked up  once at home. Good feeling though. So for cold wintery weather the stats seem quite impressive.

No comments:

Post a Comment